That's exacly what researchers found when they examined the air conditioners of homeowners complaining about high summer electric bills.
Here's what independent researchers commissioned by Pacific Electric and Gas found:
- 67% had improper air flow.
- 53% had dirty or clogged coils.
- 40% had dirty,clogged or missing filters
- 27% had refrigerant that was overcharged.
- 27% had refrigerant that was undercharged.
- 20% had a refrigerant leak.
- 93% had dut leakage greater than the recommended maximum.
They concluded that these homeowners could achieve from between 10% and 30% reductions in energy bills without major repairs.
The Most Imporant Service We Perform
Get Started Lowering Your 2016
Delaware, Maryland and Pennsylvania Electric Bills Now
With Stan's Precision Maintenance Service.
Serving New Castle County, Delaware; Chester and Delaware Counties, Pennsylvania; Cecil, Kent and Queen Anne's Counties, Maryland.