When Pacific Electric and Gas commissioned an independent study of the AC's of customers who had complained of high summer electric bills, here's what they found:
- 67% had improper air flow.
- 53% had dirty or clogged coils
- 40% had dirty, clogged or missing filters.
- 27% had refrigerant that was overcharged.
- 27% had refrigerant that was undercharged.
- 20% had a refrigerant leak.
- 93% had duct leakage greater than the recommended maximum.
In all cases, they found that energy use could be lowered 10% to 30% without a major repair.
The study concluded that most of these problems were the result of improper installation, neglected maintenance, or service by either unqualified or unscrupulous technicians who failed to take sufficient time to diagnose or repair problems.
Stan considers our seasonal heating/cooling maintenance the most important service we perform. We take all the time necessary to assure that the job is done right. We never cut corners.
Here are just a few important benefits you'll enjoy with Stan's precision AC tune-up and cleaning.
- BEAT THE RUSH! The most likely time for your air conditioner to fail is when the hot weather first hits. That's when our phones ring off the hook. Scheduling early both assures you uninterrupted comfort and scheduling at your convenience.
- SAVE MONEY! An clogged or out-of-balance
system, a low refrigerant level, a loose electrical connection, a part needing lubrication -- these are just some of the conditions that will run up your summer bills. The sooner you service -- the lower your electric bills, the less chance of an expensive inconvenient summer breakdown, the longer your unit will last, and the more likely your manufacturer's warranty will be honored if you do have a problem.
- MAXIMIZE FAMILY COMFORT! A room that never cools? Large temperature swings? Cold clammy air? All are symptoms of a neglected system. Why suffer this summer? A good cleaning and tune-up resolves most problems.
- GET ALLERGY RELIEF! Although you can greatly enhance air quality with advanced filtration and special air cleansers (discussed below), allergy relief begins with a clean well-tuned unit and sound duct work. Duct leaks not only waste energy but can draw dust and contaminants into the air stream that then circulates throughout your home.
Schedule your precision cleaning and maintenance service now.