Squirrel Threatens Cape Cod Family
No, marauding squirrels are not terrorizing New England. But our friend Lincoln Stubbs did find one recently when he investigated a deadly carbon monoxide leak in a customer's furnace. Yes, it had curled up inside the homeowner's warm chimney and died.
If Lincoln had not discovered this when he detected deadly carbon monoxide (CO) fumes during a routine preventative maintenance check, the outcome may have been tragic. Carbon monoxide is the leading cause of poisoning in the U.S. Even low-level exposures are dangerous to your family's health. Carbon monoxide induced headaches and respiratory symptoms are often mistaken as winter colds or flu viruses even by medical professionals. Infants and the elderly are especially at risk to such low level exposure.
Deadly carbon monoxide gases are odorless and colorless. The only way to protect yourself is by:
- Installing a working carbon monoxide detector in your home.
- Scheduling an annual safety check by your heating professional at the beginning of every heating season. (This important service is included with every Stan Perkoski's pre-winter maintenance tune-up.)
- Checking your chimney or furnace flue throughout the year to be sure that the cap is firmly in place.
Call us now at 866-737-5675 or schedule your maintenance service now.
Remember, a FREE water heater safety and life-extending inspection is included with every furnace maintenance service.