“Is My Air Conditioner Causing Global Warming?”
You may well be wondering with the recent announcement of an international agreement to phase out HFCs*, the most common refrigerant used by the air conditioning industry (USA Today, Money, Oct. 15, 2017). HFCs previously replaced the ozone-depleting CFCs** as mandated by earlier international agreement, the 1989 Montreal Protocols. While not damaging the ozone layer, these newer refrigerants have since been found to trap thousands of times as much heat in the atmosphere as carbon dioxide. Hence the new mandate.
*HFCs – hydro-fluorocarbons (R-410A refrigerant).
**CFCs – chlorofluorocarbons (R22 refrigerant).
Here’s the good news:
- As reported by USA Today, your air conditioner (or heat pump) WON’T release HVCs into the atmosphere if it is working properly. Likewise if your old unit is disposed of properly by an U.S. EPA certified technician, it will not release these harmful gases.
- Unlike the fossil fuel industry which is dragging its feet on addressing climate change, our industry is hard at work perfecting systems using alternative refrigerants that do not harm the Earth’s atmosphere.
What you can do now:
- The only way to insure that your AC or heat pump is operating working properly is to have it maintained annually by your Stan Perkoski’s professional.Annual maintenance not only assures that your unit is operating safely but also that it is operating at its maximum performance and energy-efficiency.
Additional benefits of Stan’s Perpetual Care Club membership include:
- Priority scheduling. If your AC or heating system breaks down, members go to the head of the line.
- 11.5% discount on all repairs (parts & labor).
- Stan’s exclusive LIFETIME WARRANTY on all parts and labor as long as your system continues to be covered by the plan.
- 100% money-back guarantee. If you’re heater or AC fails any time in the season following its maintenance service, we’ll refund 100% of the cost of that maintenance service or credit it toward the repair.
- Stan’s exclusive carbon monoxide safety checks (fuel-burning heaters and water heaters).
- Stan’s exclusive annual water heater anode rod inspection – for flood protecting and extended life. Timely replacements can as much as double the life of your water heater!
- A $250 gift card to be used toward any non-emergency heating/cooling replacement.
- A $100 gift card to be used toward any non-emergency water heater replacement.
- When it comes time to replace your old system, be sure to have it done by your U.S. EPA certified Stan Perkoski’s Home Services professionals.